Novedades

¡Bienvenido a Catador de Prepagos!

Registrate para disfrutar centenas de reseñas.

¡Contribuye el foro!
  • crear tu propio anuncio Anuncios

Safety as a Solo Traveler por aldeezy

JKen

Parroquiano
Puntaje
I thought it miht Thanks! I won't be there until February 9th, otherwise I'd be down

Hey Aldeezy,

I'm arriving on Feb 12 and have booked an Airbnb near Parque de El Poblado. I'm also traveling solo. If you're interested in a wingman for day and/or evening activities and exploration, please let me know.

I've been to Bogota several times, but this will be my first time in Medellin so I've hired a "VIP" guide/host for a couple days. (Ha, I'm no VIP 😁 but I thought it might help me avoid wasting time trying to figure everything out on my own.)

Cheers,
KJ

aldeezy

Parroquiano
Puntaje
Hey Aldeezy,

I'm arriving on Feb 12 and have booked an Airbnb near Parque de El Poblado. I'm also traveling solo. If you're interested in a wingman for day and/or evening activities and exploration, please let me know.

I've been to Bogota several times, but this will be my first time in Medellin so I've hired a "VIP" guide/host for a couple days. (Ha, I'm no VIP 😁 but I thought it might help me avoid wasting time trying to figure everything out on my own.)

Cheers,
KJ
Cool! I'm down. I don't plan on staying out too late or doing much partying, but maybe we can check out Fase II. I'll dm you

techdev69

Parroquiano
Puntaje
Going to Medellin in February, and was wondering how safe it is as a solo traveler. I've been hearing about more crime on the facebook group and wanted to check in here. Seems like a lot of it is men being baited by tinder girls, then being drugged and robbed, and even kidnapped. I plan on strictly seeing girls that have been reviewed on here, and a few casas de citas (new life, doll house, loutron, etc.) I don't drink/party, but was wondering how safe walking around during the day by yourself is. Won't be engaging in much nightlife

A little bit about me: I'm 36, brown complexion (parents from El Salvador), speak fluent Spanish with a gringo accent. I'm hoping to be able to blend in as much as possible, but will still be doing some tours. Staying in El Poblado. I plan on using a burner phone while there.

Any insight, info, & tips would be appreciated. Thank you
You'll be fine bro. I was in same boat when I went. May friends didn't partake on clubs, so I'd go solo at night. I too am 30 and both parents from Guate. That said I blended in fine. To top it off, most Colombians said I sounded, and they thought I was, Mexican I guess growing up around Mexicans and most of my friends being Mexican rubbed off on me. You should be fine. As you mention, always have your head on a swivel and if something doesn't feel right, always don't hesitate to bail or tell Uber/taxi to drop you off somewhere your cool with.

And burner is fine, but also take a small sling backpack and have it always in front of you with all your things to avoid pickpockets.

I've been to Guate, Mexico (Tijuana, Culiacan, CDMX, and Hermosillo) and I'd say I felt good in Medellin compared to the others.

aldeezy

Parroquiano
Puntaje
You'll be fine bro. I was in same boat when I went. May friends didn't partake on clubs, so I'd go solo at night. I too am 30 and both parents from Guate. That said I blended in fine. To top it off, most Colombians said I sounded, and they thought I was, Mexican I guess growing up around Mexicans and most of my friends being Mexican rubbed off on me. You should be fine. As you mention, always have your head on a swivel and if something doesn't feel right, always don't hesitate to bail or tell Uber/taxi to drop you off somewhere your cool with.

And burner is fine, but also take a small sling backpack and have it always in front of you with all your things to avoid pickpockets.

I've been to Guate, Mexico (Tijuana, Culiacan, CDMX, and Hermosillo) and I'd say I felt good in Medellin compared to the others.
Thanks! I was a bit nervous about going alone, but I'm feeling pretty good about it now. I've also been to Tijuana a few times (I live 3 hours away) but usually take a taxi around or drive straight to a "love" motel and stay there